April 28th is the Day of Mourning
Tuesday, April 28th is the Day of Mourning, honouring the memory of workers who have been injured or killed on the job. On the Day of Mourning, the Workers Compensation Board encourages all Islanders to show their support for those affected by workplace tragedy by:
- Attending the ceremony hosted by the Prince Edward Island Federation of Labour:
Day of Mourning Ceremony
7:00pm on Tuesday, April 28th, 2015
Memorial House in the Confederation Centre
- Displaying a Day of Mourning poster.
- Wearing a Day of Mourning lapel sticker.
- Lowering workplace flags at half-mast.
- Observing a moment of silence.
Posters and lapel stickers are available at the WCB. Please join us in recognizing the Day of Mourning, and in strengthening the resolve to protect everyone in the workplace through improved health and safety, each and every day.
Laura Steeves, Senior Communications Coordinator
902-894-0362 or firstname.lastname@example.org